Monday, April 18, 2011

Anticipation and disappointment

So my Aunt and I have made a tradition of going to the local Sewing and Needlework show. We have been going for years - like about 20 and have been watching the changes that a show like this goes through. It started as a showcase of new and interesting craft techniques and supplies, often complete with samples or "make-and-takes" and now is simply a big vendor mall with not much variety and no inspiration. We have made the difficult decision to put this tradition to rest and begin a new one: every year we will find a weekend course that interests us and take it together. I am really looking forward to this idea. I have, in a short period of time, moved through the anticipation of a fun craft show through the disappointment in the reality to renewed anticipation of our new "plan" - I need a nap!

No comments: